We all love having a little treat every now and again, last week I found the Little Green Spoon‘s recipe for ‘Almond Snickers Slice’. It is a dairy and gluten free recipe so I decided to make it. What I liked about this recipe was that It’s a no bake recipe and it didn’t create a lot of mess in the kitchen. Within an hour of making it, I could eat it. I have zero patience!
Try this at home this week. It has to be so much better for you than a biscuit and much more enjoyable. What I also loved was that It doesn’t need that many ingredients. The Little Green Spoon website is amazing, especially if you or a family member has special dietary requirements.
For the Crust:
- 1 & 1/4 Cup of Almonds, Cashews or Hazelnuts (185g)
- 1/2 Cup of Dates (75g)
For the Caramel:
- 1 Cup of Dates (150g)
- 6 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 Pinch of Course Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Almonds (75g)
For the Top:
- 100g of Dark Chocolate
- Put the dates in two separate bowls, pour boiling water over them and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Dry roast all the nuts you are using for the crust for 8 minutes (It definitely does make a difference to the taste)
- Set almonds aside and blend the other nuts until it’s a nut flour. Pur nut flour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add dates for the crust and two teaspoons of the water into the food processor and blend it until it’s a smooth paste.
- Add the nut flour back in and blend it until you have a doughy mixture. Use a spatula to bind it together and then spread the mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Next, drain the dates for the caramel and blend them in your food processor until smooth. Then add the almond butter, coconut oil and salt. Blend this mixture until it’s a thick, smooth caramel.
- Spread this evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the caramel.
- Melt your dark chocolate on a medium heat and pour it over the almonds.
- Put it in the fridge or freezer until cool and enjoy!
These are so tasty and really easy to make. Check out their website here.