Looking for some different breakfast ideas to try now that the kids are home and you may have more time on your hands! We have found two healthy and tasty pancake recipes for you to cook before you start home schooling or working from home! Enjoy 🙂
Banana & Oat Pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Optional – fresh fruit of your choice and Greek yogurt to serve
- Peel the bananas and place in a blender with the eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth
- Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until it has slightly thickened
- Fry on a pre-heated non-stick frying pan on a medium heat
- Cook until golden brown on both sides
- Serve with fresh fruit and/or Greek yogurt
Serves – 2
We also found this recipe on the Little Green Spoon website if you need a healthy chocolate kick.
Little Green Spoon Chocolate Pancakes
- 120g of Gluten Free Oats
- 300ml of Nut Milk
- 15g of Nut Butter
- 7g of Ground Flaxseed
- 15ml of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 10g of Cacao Powder
- 15ml of Melted Coconut Oil
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes, it will thicken as it rests. Blend again.
- Pre-heat non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add in about half a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- When it’s melted, pour about a sixth of the mixture into the pan. Cook for about 60 seconds on the first side until lots of bubbles have formed in the centre, then flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat with all of the mixture, adding a little more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- Stack them on top of each other as they’re done to keep them warm.
- Serve with nut butter, fresh berries and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate.
- Check out the Little Green Spoon website here
We hope you that enjoy your Pancakes no matter what recipe you choose!
Image sourced from Little Green Spoon