We know it is January and we should be eating healthy but it’s Friday and everyone deserves a treat, plus Jan has been baking again and we had to share the results.
If you have friends calling over to see you at home this weekend give this recipe a try 🙂 This one goes perfectly with a cup of tea!
- 175g butter (softened)
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 175g Self Raising Four
- 3 Large Eggs
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350 deg F) and grease a 20cm (8”) square cake tin (I use parchment paper too)
- Place all ingredients except the cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl and beat together until mixed and smooth.
- Divide the mixture in half. Place large spoonful’s of one half of the mixture into the tin in each of the corners and in the middle. Leave a space between each spoonful.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the rest of the mixture and whisk together until combined. Spoon the mixture into the spaces in the cake tin.
- Gently drag a round bladed knife through the mixture to create a swirl effect but be careful not to overdo or the two colours will mix completely.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until well risen. Allow to cool in the tin then remove it. Cut the square into 25 squares.