Let’s Get Baking! Perfect Snack For Exam Students
Good Luck to all the Junior & Leaving Cert students in your exams. It can be a daunting time for both students and parents! Following a trip to the “School of Food” in Thomastown, I have included a recipe here for Banana Flapjacks, they are a good source of energy and you can eat them on the go; in the car on the way to an exam or on a break. They are handy and really easy to make.
60g brown sugar
1 tsp golden syrup
225g porridge oats
2 ripe bananas
- In a pan, melt butter, add sugar & syrup and stir well.
- Mash bananas and combine with the butter mix.
- Add the raisins and oats and spread into a greased baking tray.
- Flattten the mix with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes until slightly brown.
- Cut into squares and leave to cool.
For this recipe I used Demerara sugar as it has a nice chewy texture.
I substituted the raisins for apricots.
Benefits of Oats
- Slow release energy
- Packed full of goodness
- High in protein
- Good for concentration
Benefits of Bananas
- For energy & sustaining blood sugar
- Improve your mood
- High levels of potassium, keeps you alert
image source : www.bbcgoodfood.com