The Temperature Is Dropping, These Tips Are Important
‘Looking Out For You Always’…this is a sentence that is ingrained in
us here in Sheridan Insurances. We may help you choose a car, van or house
policy but we also care about each of our customers. We get to know people
really well because we call you or you call in to see us each year. We learn
about your family, a new job or something funny that has happened to
you last week. We talk about the weather and how is your child getting on
in school; we love listening.
We would like to ask everyone to follow our motto and spend a little bit
of time ensuring that our elderly neigbours and friends are safe and warm
in their homes over the next few months. It’s going to be a cold one and you’ll
never know how you can help until you pick up the phone or knock
on their door.
How To Give A Helping Hand To Your Neighbour
- Offer to help them with their grocery shopping or they may need
a prescription collected from the pharmacy.
- Cook some extra dinner and drop it to their home.
Everyone should have at least one hot meal a day.
- Carry in some coal or fuel for the fire.
- Call in for a chat and a cup of tea, warm drinks will keep the body
warm and there is nothing like a good chat and a bit of a laugh for
a healthy heart!
- If your neighbour are complaining about being cold, encourage them to wear
a several layers of clothing instead of one chunky one.